Monday, April 15, 2013

I Had A Great Weekend With My Husband Despite Leaving My Medicine At Home On Accident

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/Vacations_g208-Pool_Lounger_p56673.html
I had a great time this weekend with my husband.  It has been a long time since we have gone on a long date or away for the weekend since my baby was born almost two years ago.  I did make a huge mistake and left my medicine at home in my laptop bag.  I was planning on taking my laptop with me; however, it was nice to actually semi-unplug for the weekend.  It gave me time to refresh and spend quality time with my husband.

We spent almost all day Friday at the spa, where we spent some time in several different types of saunas and spa pools.  Overall it was a great experience; however, some of the spa jets were a bit powerful so it was a bit uncomfortable.  We were able to sit in the hot tubs, which felt great and seemed like it made my back feel better.  I was worried that it was going to be too cold outside to enjoy the swimming pools that they had outside, but the weather was perfect and the pools were heated to the perfect temperature.

After a day at the spa, we spent the night at an upscale hotel and it was a great way to spend time with my husband while overlooking downtown Dallas, TX.  The next day we were planning on going to the new science museum;  however, since I forgot my medicine at home.  My husband was a sweetie and asked me if I would rather go to a movie instead and I jumped on that idea since I didn't want to walk too much and over do it.  We decided to go see the Croods.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  It is a story about a family who had to adapt to a new life when their world they knew crumbled around them.  They had to follow the sun and find a new place to live.  The family ends up following a guy named "Guy" and he helps them learn to live their life on a daily basis.  This is a great reminder for me that even though I deal with chronic pain that it is important for me to still live my life and make the best of my situation.

Yesterday, was a very long day and by the end of the day I was ready to relax.  After church, we attended my sister-in-laws baby shower.  She is having a little boy in about 4 weeks or less, unless he decides to camp out past his due date.  It was a ton of fun and she got a bunch of goodies for her baby boy.

How did you spend your weekend?